Online Safety Resources
As part of the educational process of Southeast Education Service Center (SESC), we understand how crucial the internet is to the everyday lives of those individuals or groups we serve and recognize the seemingly infinite resources for teaching and learning the internet provides.
We also understand that there are those places on the internet that can be harmful and as a result we know that we must educate all, including K-12 students who use an Internet connection or service provided by the Southeast Education Service Center on the best practices for internet safety and literacy.
On May 17, 2012 - SESC in a regularly scheduled public board meeting adopted an Internet Safety Policy to be ammended to the SESC's existing Acceptable Use Policy for Technology. This allows SESC to complie with the Children's Internet Protection Act (also known as CIPA--click here to learn more about CIPA)
SESC also supports the following online resources to help school communities in the region safely navigate their digital environment
- preventing, dectecting, and responding to incidents
- buiding healthy digital environments
iKeepSafe 360 Self Assessment
- tool to provide a review of a school's e-safety competence
- helps schools progress toward becoming a Generation Safe Gold Medal School
iKeepSafe Safe Keeping Blog
- Up-to-date news and information to help keep everyone safe in a digital environment
Filtering: SESC has a Web Filter in its network and is using this resource to filter out unwanted web pages and sites.